EVUS Registration Online process

Apply Online for the EVUS Visa to the United States

EVUS Registration for Chinese citizens traveling to USA

Apply for an EVUS

EVUS Registration

EVUS is a travel update system, which complements a 10-year B1, B2, or B1/B2 US Visa. Under U.S. law, foreign nationals are required to hold a valid visa to enter the United States.

Starting November 29, 2016, nationals of the People’s Republic of China, who hold a valid 10-year B1, B2 or B1/B2 Visa are also required to apply for EVUS before traveling to the United States. Anyone from Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan traveling on a People's Republic of China passport with a 10-year B1/B2, B1 or B2 visa will also be required to enroll in EVUS system.

Travelers using other travel documents, including Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, may continue to travel to the U.S. as they currently do. Citizens from Taiwan traveling with Taiwan issued passport may apply for the ESTA Visa Waiver.

EVUS will soon become a requirement for even more countries. Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico and more, will soon be required to use EVUS update system before traveling to and entering the United States. Stay updated by following all the latest news on EVUS.

Currently, the EVUS system is only for B1, B2 or B1/B2 visa holders; other Visa classes are not required to apply for EVUS.

A valid EVUS update will be valid for multiple trips for 2 consecutive years, or until the Visa expires or passport expires, whichever comes first.

Apply Online

EVUS Application Requirements

Applying for EVUS Enrollment is a new requirement under the US Immigration law for those traveling to the United States for temporary business or tourism with a U.S. Visitor Visa, class B1, B2 or B1/B2.

For a successful EVUS enrollment, applicants are required to have a 10-year U.S. Visitor Visa, class B1, B2 or B1/B2, and a passport, valid for at least 6 consecutive months from the date of arrival.

Should the applicant have a valid visa in an expired passport, then they are required to apply for a new passport before registering for EVUS. Then the applicant must use both the expired passport containing the Visa and the newer valid Passport to apply for EVUS. During the application process, applicants will use their new valid passport as the primary passport. When traveling to the United States, applicants will be required to present both the valid Passport and the expired Passport with the valid Visa. For more information regarding the registration process please check our EVUS FAQ section.

EVUS Application Guidelines

Applicants can apply for EVUS any time before arriving in the United States. However, it is recommended that the EVUS registration application is submitted at least 72 hours before departure, to avoid any possible delays. Once authorized, the EVUS enrollment will be valid for multiple trips over a period of two years (starting the date that of enrollment) or until the passport expires or the Visa expires, whichever comes first. The EVUS must be valid at the time of arrival only. If the EVUS expires after the foreign national is admitted, or while is present in the United States it will not affect the departure.

Important note: Applicants who are only traveling to the United States in transit, will also be required to apply for EVUS. They will need to answer yes, if applicable, to the following question during the EVUS application: “Is your trip to the U.S. occurring in transit to another country?”. An EVUS registration or enrollment will take no longer than 20 minutes per applicant.

Please read the application carefully before answering. It is important to be as accurate as possible when completing the EVUS enrollment, especially all eligibility and security questions. If the applicant provides incorrect or misleading information, the application will be denied.

EVUS registration for childrens

There is no difference between a standard EVUS application and EVUS for childrens. All foreign nationals required to apply for EVUS before traveling to the United States must enroll in the online update system before their departure, regardless of age.

Minors, holders of a 10-year B1, B2 or a B1/B2 Visa, are required to have a valid and individual passport to apply for EVUS before traveling to the United States. For more information, please see Are children required to apply for EVUS?

EVUS Registration information required

Applicants will be required to provide the following information during their EVUS enrollment registration:

1) B1/B2 Visa issue date Enter the issue date as displayed on the Visa.

2) B1/B2 Visa foil number The Visa foil number is the one that appears in red numbers, below the expiration date of the U.S. Visa.

3) Surname (Last Name) Enter your Surname (Last Name) exactly as it appears on your U.S. Visa, which should also match how it appears on your passport.

4) Given name(s) Enter your Given Name(s) exactly as it appears on your U.S. Visa, which should also match how it appears on your passport. Do not include Mr./Ms./Mrs./Snr. etc.

5) Passport number on your B1/B2 Visa Enter the passport number as shown on your B1/B2 Visa. This means that you will be required to travel with this passport as your visa is linked to it This is the passport number you will be traveling with to the United States.

6) Date of birth Enter the date of birth as it appears in the passport you are traveling with to the United States. You should enter your date of birth in the following format: DD/MM/YYYY

Note: Your date of birth appears in a different format on your visa, which is: YYMMDD. Do not enter your birthdate using this format. Instead, use the format used on your passport: DD/MM/YYYY.

7) B1/B2 Visa expiration date Enter the expiration date as displayed on your Visa.

  • Emergency contact information Please provide details of an emergency contact. This information is extremely important, especially in the event of a medical emergency or other accidents.

  • Employment details You will be required to enter the details of your current or past employment.

Apart from the personal information requested, all EVUS applicants will also be required to answer a few security questions, which will help determine their eligibility to travel to the United States. Please note that you must answer all questions in English language only. Answers in any other language will not be accepted.

Apply for an EVUS